Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year of the Turban Rider - The 2014 for Telly Buhay



Happy New Year my dear riding friends.  2014 is definitely the year of the Turban Rider.  Here are random photos of what TR's year looked like:



Ocular ride with Mark Chuidian for Motorally.
We stopped and rested in Baler.
Tested the CRF in Dipaculao
A rocky road with Ibba Bernardo, Alvin Dee, Toto Villanueva and Brando Rosales



Visited corregidor and learned a thing or two.
This is one of the big guns used
in the WW2.  The pockmarks say it all.
With Allan Vega, we appreciate a real
bullet now a decoration in the island

Testing brando's CRF

Restoring 2 yellow birds.  The Yamaha DT and the Suzuki TS


The Great Northern Tour
by Honda. I tested the durability
and efficiency of
the Honda Beat 110.
Mindanao Freedom Ride.  The best fun in the south. 
The day I had one of each.  Honda (XR125), Kawasaki (ZX130), Suzuki (TS125) and Yamaha (DT125)

Yamaha Mio, weapon of choice for the Motorally
Started the year right.  With Darwin Zialcita, my riding buddy for the Motorally 2014.
A few years ago, little did I know i'd be joining one of the most prestigious events in the country, the Boss Ironman.  I rocked the north with a Ducati Monster 795.

The biggest most detailed motorcycle replica.  The Yamaha RS110F.  At the tricycle capital of the Philippines, Nueva Ecija

Dapitan revisited.  I was loaned by Norminring Davao's Mr. Jondi Lacson a wonderful scooter.  I biked around town in a flashy Vespa 125.  National Convention was the event.
Suzuki's most thrifty bike, the Raider J110
Starting the year right.  Three endurance events for January.
Honda knows fun.  Seen is Mr. Lemuel Buenaflor in his Honda XR200 spearheading the Honda Carafun.
We say goodbye to Herc.

Dapitan City Hall.
Bucket list item crossed off
as I had a bird's eye view
of the town from a helicopter.
With Captain Dennis Figueroa


With "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi
Autograph of the best racer in the
universe on my AGV Blade lid.
With Richard Guttierez and Maynard Marcelo at the California Superbike School in Clark International Speedway
Royal Enfield Bullet Classic Chrome, just the right bike for the occasion, Bataan Day.

RE Continental GT 535.  
The RE GT is a mixture of sport and standard.  

Duals in Guagua.  With riding buddy Brando Rosales
With the fastest men in the land and Mr. Dingdong Dantes
With Coleen Garcia

One of the most fun I had in a different kind of two-wheeler, the Segway.
All the finest road racers in the country under one roof
The day I saw myself on the Telly!
The riding world will miss you Ms. Candy Orbe.
another lid with an autograph from the best stunt rider.
With Aaron Colton himself.  

I tested a gazzilion bikes.  And I may have found the best road bike for me.  The Kawasaki Versys 650
CPI Motards that rocked the Sta Ana Partakan Festival

Honda's first trail ride in General Nakar
Honda rocked the Agos river

The CPI Motard 250 i used and abused in the Northloop.  This bike is one tough b***ard!
The much-awaited return of the mountain goat, the Yamaha Serow 250.
Mindanao Freedom Ride 2014 saw me blazing the roads of the south in a very exclusive Ducati Diavel 1200
Mad Dog Parteeeeey!
I was there to witness a Guiness Record-breaking event.  Most Yamaha motorcycles in a parade!
Sentimental a bit.  The Honda Wave 125 is the bike that started it all.  Seen here is the newest version with improvements on the styling and the price.
Of course a year wouldn't be complete without Kymco's traditional gift.  Thank you Mr. Henry Tenebroso and Mr. Gilbert Limjoco
Another first dibber on the Yamaha XTZ 125.
Ms. Kara David, my idol.
The ultralight experience?  Imagine motorcycle with wings.
Honda Duals.  The XR125. XR200 and the CRF250
The Kawasaki ZX130 has been a dream of mine since it came out
The Ducati Unlimited CLub party!
Slept in the rain.  The Touratech Travel Event was fun and games
With Brando and Endurance master Glenn Belidio
As a payment, I now have a limited imported Honda CB Shine 125
Motard with a Motard.  The CPI Motard 250 and the Spyder Motard Biohazard white
Mr. Mel Aquino teaches us how to boogie the mud in his motocross clinic
Dream Job.  I now work at Spyder Philippines.  Producer of quality helmets and eyewears.
Of course as a yearender ride, we did Tabuk and a short but fun trail ride there crossing the Chico river.
With Maynard Marcelo, W2W Editor, whom a lot of my advetures I owe to.  Thanks fafs.
Thanks Randy Silva-Netto for the shots.  
www.TurbanRider.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments